1) Turning on or off
Three green lights flash when you press the on button. Three red lights flash when you turn Buzz off.
2) Microphone sensitivity level
When you touch the plus or minus buttons on Buzz, one light means Buzz is on low sensitivity, two lights mean Buzz is on medium, three lights mean Buzz is on high sensitivity.
3) Battery level low warning and battery charging
If your Buzz is very low on battery, it a single red light to warn you that it is almost dead.
4) When your Buzz dies and if it has some power left, pressing the power button will cause a red light to flash 3 times.
5) When you plug your Buzz in to charge, the lights indicate how full the battery is. When the battery is fully charged, it will show 3 green lights.
6) When you switch modes, Buzz confirms the change with a double flash of blue lights.